FLYING FISH STEW
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped sweet onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 tsp. chili powder
1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups water
1 lb. Sand Perch cut into bite-sized pieces (or other lean white fish fillets)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat
- Add onion, celery, and chili powder. Saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, water, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add Sand Perch and cook for 3 minutes or until fish is done.
- Add cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Stir in parsley.
YELLOWTAIL SNAPPER FISH TACOS
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 package taco seasoning, divided
1 lb. yellowtail snapper cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tbsp. canola oil
2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 package (12 count) taco shells, warmed or flour tortillas
- Combine sour cream, mayo, cilantro and 2 tbsp taco seasoning and mix in small bowl.
- Combine fish, canola oil, lemon juice, and remaining taco seasoning and mix in a medium bowl. Pour into large skillet
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Fill taco shells with fish mixture.
- Top with toppings.
GULF OF MEXICO HONEY-SPICED AMBERJACK W/ MANGO SALSA
12 Amberjack fillets (4-5 oz each)
2 1/2 tbsp canola oil
5/8 cup honey
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
4 ripe mangoes, 3 peeled and diced, reserving 1 sliced for garnish
5 tsp lime zest
3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced for garnish
3 small onions, peeled and quartered
5 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
5 tsp Spanish paprika
5 tsp extra virgin olive oil
4 tsp garlic salt
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lime juice and lime zest and whisk until blended.
- Remove 1/2 cup of mixture and place in a food processor container; set aside. Add diced mangoes to honey-lime mixture remaining in bowl. Toss to coat and store in refrigerator.
- Add onion, jalapeno, paprika, canola oil, garlic salt, cinnamon, pepper and allspice to honey-lime mixture in food processor container. Process until finely chopped, scraping down sides as necessary. Spread mixture evenly over both sides of Amberjack
- Arrange Amberjack on pre-heated grill with Mesquite charcoal. Grill until cooked through, basting with blender mixture.
- Remove Amberjack to serving platter and top with reserved diced mango and decorate with sliced fruit. Serve with plain rice.
SARASOTA MARGARITA GROUPER
4 6 ounce Grouper fillets
1/3 cup tequila
1/2 cup orange liqueur
3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1 tsp. salt
3 large garlic cloves, peeled
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
4 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 tsp white sugar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
- Place fish in a shallow baking dish. In a bowl, stir together the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, 1 tsp salt, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour mixture over fillets and rub into fish. Cover and refrigerate 1/2 hour, turning the fillets once.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and sugar. Season to taste with salt. Set salsa aside.
- Remove fillets from marinade, and pat dry. Brush fillets with oil and sprinkle with ground black pepper. In a small saucepan, boil remaining marinade for several minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain out garlic cloves, and set aside to cool.
- Grill fish for about 4 minutes per side, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork. Transfer fillets to a serving dish.
- Spoon salsa over fish, and drizzle with cooked marinade.
EMILY'S MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH MAHI MAHI
4 Mahi Mahi fillets
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 juice of 1 lemon
1/2-2/3 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1/2-2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1-2 tsp dried dill weed
1-2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed in fingers, or 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Whisk together olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl big enough to dip fish into.
- Mix bread crumbs,parmesan, dill weed, rosemary, salt and pepper in another bowl similar in size.
- Dip each fillet in olive oil mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture and place in a 9x13 glass dish.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Recipes courtesy of: FUZION FOOD GROUP